About the Team
One of the CXC Team goals is to provide coaching, training, and modest financial support to a select few individuals that possess the talent, drive, and dedication to pursue a goal of international excellence at either the J1 Scando Cup, the Junior Worlds, the U23 Worlds, the World Cup, the World Championships, or the Winter Olympic Games.
Another goal of the CXC Team is to develop athletes that are ambassadors and role models. Athletes that spread awareness, knowledge, and enthusiasm in promoting a healthy lifestyle for our sport is part of the CXC vision.
CXC TEAM athletes have won multiple US National Championships, Super Tour Events, American Birkiebeiners, and the National Nordic Foundation Cup! Many athletes have also represented the US at the Junior World Championships, the U23 World Championships, the World Cup, the World Championships, and the Winter Olympic Games. Some of these athletes have stepped on to the podium at these events and also been named to the US Ski Team.
Senior athletes (top 3 on/in the SuperTour final list or the U.S. National Championships, top 10 on the overall USSA final points list of 2016, member of a World Championship or Olympic Team)
- U23 athletes (member of a Junior World or a U23 World Championship Team, podium finisher (top 3) at Junior National Championships, or a top 10 finisher at NCAA Championships)
- Coaches Discretion
Training Camps Attendance Requirements, All Athletes
- 70% base level of minimum camp days attendance
- 50% base level if athlete ranked top 10 on the USSA final sprint or distance list or FIS fair equivalent if athlete is racing outside U.S. all winter
- July 5 -July 10, Central REG (Marquette, MI)
- Late November/Early December USSA SuperTour (Western Block)
- December 26 - January 11, 2016 U.S. National Championships, (Anchorage, AK)
- January 15- February 22, USSA SuperTour and Marathons (Central Block)
- March 24 - 29, SuperTour Finals (Sun Valley, ID - For qualified athletes)
CXC Team will now be running an open contract supplier system for skis, boots and poles for all athletes. Athletes will be able to work with brands they have established relationships. The team will remain supported by specific brands for other equipment types.
Latest Program News
- Professional Coaching
- Monthly Training Camps
- Race service to select competitions:
+ Western SuperTours
+ U.S. National Championships
+ Central SuperTours
+ American Birkiebeiner
+ SuperTour Finals/ U.S. Distance National Championships (If performance criteria is met)
- Training/Travel Stipend
- Sports Science
+ 2-3 times a year sports science testing and biomechanics analyses on rollerski treadmill (VO2 Testing, Lactate Testing, Upper Body Power Output)
+ Access to and Individual use of the roller ski treadmill for training and technique
+ Access to and Individual use of Power Pole for training, technique efficiency, and testing
+ Access to and individual use of CXC altitude tent.
- Equipment (provided by CXC Team sponsors and suppliers)
Athletes who qualify to compete in the J1 Scando Cup, Junior World Championships, U23 World Championships, World Cup, World Championships, or Winter Olympic Games are eligible for stipends.