CXC MARATHON CUPThe CXC Marathon Cup connects the premiere cross country ski events across the Central region. Sanctioned and scored by the Central Cross Country Skiing, presented by AVANT Techno, the Cup includes races in each of the three main states in the region - two races in Michigan, two in Wisconsin, and two in Minnesota.
The 2018 series is split between classic and skate racing, with two classic races, three skate weekends, and one skiathlon weekend.
To be eligible for Marathon Cup overall, age group, age indexed, team scoring and CXC Marathon Cup prizes, a CXC Marathon Cup Passport is required. If you are enjoying the series, enjoy being ranked individually and as part of a team, - help support skiing and ski racing in the Central Division by being a CXC Marathon Cup Passport holder!
2018 CXC MARATHON CUP SCHEDULE
If a CXC Marathon Cup race is modified (e.g. a classic race becomes a freestyle race), the equivalent race will count toward Cup points.
If a Cup race is postponed, the postponed race will count toward Cup points, unless the postponement date is on the same weekend as a different Cup race, in which case the originally scheduled Cup race for that weekend will count toward Cup points.
SCORING CATEGORIES & AWARDS
- Age Groups (men & women)
- Top 200 individuals in each age group in each race score points; points ranking updated and posted after each event.
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall in each age group at the end of the series receive an invitation to the Masters Fantasy Camp.
- Teams (registration as a team is required*)
- CXC Marathon Cup Team Award
- Overall Champions (CXC Marathon Cup Passport required*)
- Cash prizes for overall male and female champions. Point leaders during the Series will be identified at each race by the wearing of a special bib.
- Overall Age-Indexed Champions / Men & Women (CXC Marathon Cup Passport required*)
- All Marathon Cup Passport holders are automatically scored in Age Group, Overall, and Age-Index Overall categories. To score in the Team category, you must be a CXC Marathon Cup Passport Holder and your group must be registered as a team.
- › View Series Scoring Rules PDF
View Race Results and Standings | 2016-17 Marathon Winners Announced
To be eligible for Marathon Cup overall, age group, age indexed and team scoring and CXC Marathon Cup prizes, a CXC Marathon Cup Passport is required. If you are enjoying the series, enjoy being ranked individually and as part of a team, - help support skiing and ski racing in the Central Division by being a CXC Marathon Cup Passport holder!
1. Register to compete in the CXC Marathon Cup as a TEAM.
2. Teams can have an unlimited number of racers.
3. Racers will be eligible to score points for their teams by holding a Marathon Cup Passport and being rostered by their team before the race takes place.
4. Eligible racers to score for the team are those registered as CXC Marathon Cup Passport holders.
5. Total points for the Series will be the sum of the points from all races.
6. The team with the most points total will be the winner.
7. Ties will be broken using the teams total number of points in a single race.
Masters Fantasy Camp
Participants will enjoy three days of structured training, complemented with technique sessions and video analysis by professional coaches. Experience an environment as it would be at the National Team camp!
CXC MARATHON CUP EVENT AWARDS
Event organizers work hard to run great events and we want to recognize them for their efforts. Any Marathon Cup Passpost holder who participates in one or more Marathon Cup events will be eligible to vote for the Marathon Cup Event Awards. Everyone who votes will be eligible to win a CXC Marathon Cup Passport for the 2019 season.
Marathon Cup Event Awards categories include:
- › Best Overall Event
- › Best Grooming
- › Most Heroic Effort
- › Best Website
Have questions? Get in touch!