CXC Junior Development Program
The CXC Junior Development Program (JDP) is a year-round approach to training that focuses on long-term development with support from full time CXC/U.S. Ski & Snowboard Level 200 Certified Coaching staff who are committed to helping U16-U20 athletes achieve their skiing goals.
The vision of the program is to promote an environment for motivated junior cross country skiers to succeed in attaining their performance goals.
The intent of the JDP is not to replace your local team, but to work with your local team to provide each individual programing opportunities to strive to achieve at high levels. The JDP will work best for a young athlete if they are working daily with a local club or HS team coach during the on snow ski season.
CXC Junior Development Program athletes generally strive to compete at national competition and continue their skiing career on an NCAA ski team.
Program SupportAthletes will progress through the competitive skiing pipeline with support from full time CXC coaches and facilities. The coaches at CXC aim to provide all the resources necessary for a higher level of performance including:
- Customized training plan that is periodized for peak performance at the most important races of the season;
- Support at Midwest Junior National Qualifier races;
- Consistent communication on training, summer and fall training camps;
- Performance and fitness evaluation for a specific and customizable training plan;
- Help with gear management and selection;
- Team apparel, discounted merchandise of select team sponsors;
- Goal-mapping sessions.
Apply to Program
Joe Haggenmiller / View Profile
Cell: (906) 281-1214 / Office: (608) 294-0433
U16 CXC SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM - $2,000*
- 18 week training blue print from May - August;
- Monthly training review and progress report;
- Aerobic, anaerobic, strength and balance sport science testing.
- Three U16 Summer Training Camps
BRONZE LEVEL MEMBERSHIP - $2,730*
- 18 week training program utilizing training peaks from May - August;
- Monthly progress report on training reviewing the athlete's training log;
- 2 Evaluation/Planning/Goal Mapping Conferences (prior season review and end of dryland season);
- Wax support at JNQ race events;
- Three Summer Training Camps;
- Aerobic, anaerobic, strength and balance sport science testing;
- Technique analysis;
- CXC performance apparel.
SILVER LEVEL MEMBERSHIP - $3,350*
- 26 week training program utilizing training peaks from May-October;
- Weekly email progress reports and training evaluation reviewing training log;
- 2 additional fitness testing and training weekends in the spring and Fall.
GOLD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP - $4,000*
- 52 week training program utilizing training peaks from May -April ;
- Weekly phone conferences to discuss training progress and upcoming training and competitions;
- Most customized training plan.
Skiers will obtain access to an online training plan. This online system allows the athlete to record training daily. Upon imputing training information, a CXC coach will provide feedback and suggestions on a weekly basis according to athletes' comments. This, along with weekly emails and/or phone calls, enables the athlete to have consistent communication with a full time USSA/CXC certified coach. To understand what this service provides visit www.trainingpeaks.com.