GREETINGS CENTRAL REGION ATHLETES & FAMILIES:
We thank you in the Central Cross Country Skiing Community for your patience as we work through the pandemic. We are excited to be moving forward as a region. We urge each of you to both remain vigilant in following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of the coronavirus so we can safely have competitions and to be flexible in your ability to change plans given conditions in each local community as our ski season progresses.
The CXC Youth Cup Schedule remains "Tentative" and should be approached knowing there is a need for flexibility based upon health and safety.
- Formats or locations could change based upon health and safety risk mitigation.
- Accommodations reservations should only be made with a "hold" that will not result in charges if canceled the week of the event.
Stay healthy, stay safe and keep training!
CXC YOUTH CUP
The CXC Youth Cup is sanctioned and scored by
Central Cross Country Skiing (CXC) and features a series of exciting events in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
Since its beginning in the winter of 2014, the Cup promotes the growth and development of junior cross country ski racers, helping young athletes acquire the fundamental skills and positive mind-set required for cross country ski racing.
The series provides a fun, encouraging environment that motivates junior athletes ages 10-13 (U12 and U14 age divisions) to succeed in attaining their goals. Participating athletes meet many new Nordic friends, and learn how to successfully progress through the competitive skiing pipeline with the support of friends, families, and race organizers.
CXC YOUTH CUP SCHEDULE
Grand Avenue Nordic Center, Duluth (MN)
Race Formats: Freestyle Sprint and Classic Mass Start
Mt. Itasca Biathlon Center, Coleraine (MN)
Race Formats: Classic Sprint and Freestyle Individual Start
MI Tech Trails, Houghton (MI)
Race Formats: Classic Mass Start and Freestyle Individual Start
Birkie Trailhead, Cable (WI)
Race Formats: Classic Mass Start Distance and Freestyle Individual Start
Traverse City (MI)
Race Formats: Freestyle Distance and Classic Distance
Wirth Park, Minneapolis (MN)
Race Formats: Classic Distance and Freestyle Sprint
ABSF, Hayward (WI)
Race Formats: TBD
Awards / Age Groups: U8, U10, U12, U14 (only U12/U14 are scored)
Hosted by LNR / Wirth Park, Minneapolis (MN)
- Friday afternoon/evening: Freestyle Prologue Sprint Qualifier
- Saturday: AM Classic Mass Start / PM SkiX
- Sunday: AM Freestyle Pursuit (based upon finish times from Sprint Qualifier & Classic Mass Start and a bonus schedule from the SkiX)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:1. No membership is required to score points in any of the CXC Youth Cup events.
2. All CXC Youth Cup events are restricted to non-fluorinated glide waxes.
3. Youth Cup races will have U12 and U14 age groups and may have U8 and U10 age groups depending on time and ability to manage added age classes. Please check race organizers' websites for more information.
4. All CXC Youth Cup races being run in conjunction with the CXC Junior Cup have the same registration deadlines. Online registration closes Tuesday before the race at 11:59 pm.
EASY TO BEGIN
If you are in between the ages of 7-13, you're welcome to take part in this fun and exciting series. No membership is required to score points in any of the CXC Youth Cup events, however, to have a seeded start position based on previously accumulated points, you will need a CXC Youth General Membership or be a member of a CXC Club in good standing.
* All youth skiers with a CXC Youth General Membership receive a CXC Youth Cup hat.
YOUTH GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
Join or Renew
Top 12 U14 boys and top 12 U14 girls from the final points list will be invited to participate in a Dream Camp.
DATES / LOCATION
July 2021 / Gogebic Community College, Ironwood (MI)
Have questions? Get in touch!